I was putting away dishes today and couldn’t help thinking as I stored the new lettuce spinner I got at Christmas (2013), “I love this thing!” Well, that inspired me to think of other things I love . . . and to begin a blog page on which to share these “favorite things.” (And by things, I mean literally, things–i.e. tangible objects).
Here goes (in stream of consciousness order):
* salad spinners
* electric pressure cookers
* hot water streaming down on me in the shower (tangible temporarily, then it’s all down the drain)
* fireplaces in master bedrooms
* hot tubs/whirlpools in hotels
* large mugs full of sweetened coffee or tea
* delicious mixed drinks, such as margaritas or white russians
* laptops and fast Internet connections (maybe not so tangible, the last)
* cute clothes with which to create wardrobe ensembles
* a piano to stand near and sing (with a talented musican playing, preferably)
* dry shampoo (the stuff saves me on days I don’t have time to wash my hair before leaving the house!)
* drawer organizers (especially for hair accessories)
* refrigerators and deep freezers (couldn’t live without them!)
* cars with no engine problems!
* pets to pet, especially cats and dogs (although some would prefer to call them “companions” rather than “things”)
* lovely stationery
* my husband’s strong arms around me in a loving embrace
* . . .
I have this on my main menu now and will add to it when I’m inspired again to reflect on the joy of some object(s).